Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Learning & Moving Forward

Hey friends! This week is moving right along and I hope you’re having a successful one!

I was running behind this morning so I made breakfast at work. It was  the usual combo of PB2, a small sliced banana and oatmeal for 4 points. DSC06784

I feel like I’m still trying to get caught up at work…slowly, but surely I’ll get there! For my morning snack I mixed up these two lil guys, ww strawberry yogurt and 1/2 of a sample box of Total for 2 points. DSC06786

Lunch wasn’t coming quick enough so I snacked on these crunchy carrots with ff ranch to get me by and it did just the trick! The amount of ranch I ate was minimal so I’m counting this as a 0 point snack. DSC06787

Over my lunch break I ran to the post office to ship a book I listed on Amazon…yesterday!! I couldn’t believe it sold that quick!! Hooray, it was only collecting dust in my house! ;)

I had limited time at home so I had a quick turkey & cheese sandwich for 3 points. DSC06788

I also had 1/2 cottage cheese with 1/2 peaches for 2 points. DSC06789

After my quick lunch I was craving something sweet so I went for a peanut butter fiber one bar for 3 points and it satisfied my sweet craving!

I was uber productive at work this afternoon and quitting time rolled around before I knew it. I came home and heated up the last piece of pizza casserole for 6 points. DSC06790

For some reason that didn’t fill me up or I didn’t wait long enough for it to settle. I then proceeded to have a piece of string cheese for 1 point. Then I “thought” I was still hungry and I ate some cereal with Kyle (that’s what he ate for supper :p). I had honey nut cheerios with a small banana for 6 points.

At the end of this was more than full! Why does my head do this to me? I would have been fine without that cereal. I can’t dwell on it though. I must learn from it and move forward! That’s the only thing I can do! :D

Kyle & I are behind on BL episodes, so we caught up on one over the internet before hitting the pavement for a run. We ran 2 miles in 20 minutes. I think it was tough on me because of everything I ate, my legs are super sore from the Jillian DVD yesterday, and the 20 mph winds didn’t help either! But I pushed through! One of these days I need to pick  up my mileage…the Dam to Dam 20K is less than 10 weeks away!

TUESDAY’S STATS
POINTS = 27/23
WATER =   108 oz
EXERCISE = 20 min run

QUESTIONS ANSWERED

I got 2 questions yesterday and wanted to make sure and answer them before I forgot! ;) Thanks for the questions!

  • Question: what exactly goes in your protein shake? Answer: Monday I used 1 container of WW strawberry yogurt, 1 1/2 c frozen strawberries, and 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder. I only used 1/2 scoop to keep my points lower, but still get some protein in! I really want to start adding some spinach into my smoothies…but I’m nervous!
  • Question: Does Kyle cook anything for you?       Anaswer: You can more than tell from my blog that I am not a “chef” by any means and I would have to say Kyle is less of a cook than I am! But when it comes to breakfast he is “the man”!!! He is most definitely willing to help, but for the most part I do the majority of the cooking!

I know many bloggers did the “Ask Me Anything” a while back…I never did get on that bandwagon, but I hope you guys know that you are always more than welcome to ask anything at all!! I don’t have any secrets! ;)

9 comments:

Syl said...

I have bottomless pit days too Darci, some days I don't feel like eating at all and other days I feel like I can't stop :-)

I'm behind on biggest loser too, just can't seem to get into it this season!

Heather said...

I know I have told you before but everytime I read your blog I get really inspired! I wish I had the motivation you do. What keeps you motivated? And how do you have the energy. I feel like I have no energy, by the time I get off work.

Cupcake Dreamer said...

Great job working out, even though your tummy felt full. I definitely hate that feeling.

I watched BL last night. Full of surprises to say the least.

Little Miss Fatty Pants said...

don't you hate when you eat more than you need to and end up with a full belly (aka food baby)? I hate it too!!

Thanks for answering my question. I will definitely be trying a protein shake soon. =D

Unknown said...

I gotta go look at the pizza casserole recipe.....YUM!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

BL was pretty good last night. Especially the guy they had on at the end!! Wow, so inspiring.

OK. I have a question for ya. :)
Do you have any goals/plans in the future? You've ran in races with Kyle. Do you guys have anything planned next?

Heidi said...

Gee, a case of the munchies and you only went 4 pts over. That's pretty darn good! We all have those days. Could be from a number of factors, but you seemed to handle it pretty good. If your little indulgence is on cereal and a banana you're doing pretty good. Likely your body needed it.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm glad we finished that pizza casserole. Those pictures are tempting. :)

Ak said...

I have days where I eat and I don't know why I do, too. But You probably burned it off on your run! :)

You should try the green smoothies, just put enough fruit in them so you can't taste the spinach and you won't know the difference, but your body will thank you!

As far as a question, I've always wondered what you teach? I'm getting my bachelors in English and I'm wondering if I'll be able to teach nontransfer classes at a community college. Is that what you do or do you have your masters?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...