Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Partial Snow Day!

Hey everyone! I started out my Monday at the gym! It took me a while to get there though, I wanted to stay in my warm bed!! It snowed all night and the wind was BLOWING like crazy!! But I didn’t and got in 30 minutes on the cross ramp and did abs as well. 

Afterwards I had my usual breakfast of oatmeal, a small sliced banana, and PB2 for 4 points. DSC05847

It wasn’t long into the work day and we got the notification that we were going to close at 11:30 for the day because of the weather. I had mixed feelings about this. I had a HUGE project I need to get done, but I split it up between my staff and I think we finished around 11:32! ;) Mid morning I did snack on a serving of grapes for 1 point. DSC05848

After work I headed back to the gym! Yep you read that right, I got in 2 workouts!! I walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes at an incline! My legs were feeling it, for sure!

I headed home to find something to eat! I pulled in my driveway and there was a 3-4 foot drift in front of my garage! Luckily it was light snow that had just blown there so I could plow through it with my SUV!

Lunch today was a random mix of food. I was in the mood to empty containers in my fridge! I started out with 1/2 c cottage cheese and pineapple for 3 points. Then I had the last little bit of chicken parmesan from last week for 3 points. While my sweet potato fries were baking I couldn’t resist a chocolate chip cookie from Sunday! I’m estimating my cookie was 3 points (i have NO clue) and then my fries were 3 points as well. So my lunch totaled 12 points, which I think is a high estimate, but I would rather go high than low! Oh and from all that I emptied 3 containers in my fridge! :)DSC05849DSC05850DSC05851DSC05852

After lunch I headed out into the blizzard to get our driveway cleared so Kyle wouldn’t have to worry about it when he got home. Luckily my nice neighbor had already started and I just scooped the steps and other places the snow blower can’t get to. I’m not too good with the snow blower…let alone getting it started! So hey, if you think about it I kinda got in 3 workouts including my shoveling!

When I got done shoveling I came in to my nice warm, wind free house and started supper! My sister had called and said they didn’t want risk driving home tonight and asked if they could stay! So her and her hubby and one of the girls she works with (a friend of both of ours) all came after work to stay with us. They all live 25-35 miles outside of town, which is where the worst of the blowing snow was.

I made chicken ‘n cheese casserole for supper! It is super easy and something you can make ahead and just throw in the oven. And I think everyone liked it! For my supper I had a serving of the casserole, green beans, and a few orange slices for a delicious, filling 7 point supper!DSC05853DSC05855DSC05854

Chicken N Cheese Casserole

What You Need!

2 cups cooked pasta

2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts

2 cups condensed cream of mushroom soup

2 cups milk

8 oz low fat cheddar

Make It!

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.

COMBINE all ingredients, mixing well.

BAKE covered 35-45 minutes. Remove cover; Bake 10-15 minutes longer.

Makes 8 servings. 6 points/serving

My sister’s work friend hadn’t seen The Hangover yet, so we all agreed we could definitely watch it again! For some of us, it was the 3rd or 4th time! And it was just as funny as the first! :) And our friend liked it too!! They popped popcorn and had M&M’s and instead of that I made a point friendly ice cream sundae for 3 points. Just like the Friday one!DSC05856

I fell asleep during the last 15 minutes of the movie and was gone for the night! I think I stayed up too late Sunday night and then getting up for the gym! Felt like a bad host, but Kyle took over! :)

MONDAY’S STATS
POINTS = 28/24
WATER =  140 oz
EXERCISE = 30 min cross ramp, abs, & 45 min walk @ incline

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Mmm mmm mm that cheese casserole looks DELICIOUS. Good for you for getting up early Monday morning. I failed at that this week :-)

Unknown said...

I recently found your blog, I cannot even tell you how helpful your it has been for me! I just started weight watchers 3 weeks ago, and your progress is really motivating!

M and A said...

i LOVE all your eats! i now have many post its with lots of them written down! thanks! LOVE reading your blog!!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Oh I want to try thaat casserole. Yum! Cheese and pasta? You can't beat that.

Way to go on all of the exercising! Going to the gym 2x in one day definitely deserves a smiley face sticker. :)

That's a lot of snow! brrrr.

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

Awesome job on getting to the gym! That's half the battle! Keep up the amazing work! You are an inspiration!

xo, Amanda said...

The casserole and sundae look so good! I love the hangover too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...