Monday, September 23, 2013

Exposed

Did you catch my September Goals post? I let a few things out of the bag in that post! For one I exposed my weight to the entire world {or the 5 people who read my blog, lol!} to see! And secondly, you may have noticed one of my goals was to use My Fitness Pal to track my eats, where in the past I had used Weight Watchers. I'll get to MFP/WW later. Today I'm going to talk about that wretched # on the scale.

One of my goals was to weigh 181 by 9.30.13. Obviously if that is my goal you know that I currently weigh more than that. Yikes! That's a big number, but I plan to only make it smaller.

Lets take a trip down memory lane. When I originally started this blog 5 years ago I was tipping the scales at 202. A month ago, on August 12th, I stepped on the scale knowing what I would see would not be pretty. 192.6. I was less than TEN pounds of being my highest weight {not counting when I was prego}. Time for a change!

That very day I changed how I was eating and did really well for 2 1/2 weeks. I lost 8.4lb in that time frame. Then my 29th birthday {my golden birthday!} rolled around and I splurged on some treats. The next day my wonderful husband threw me a surprise birthday party and I splurged even more. Then it was a long weekend with family in town and I got even more lax with my eats. And instead of getting right back on track after the long weekend it continued....until September 16th, something clicked that day!

I needed to make a change...for good!

That brings me to where I began {again} this time last week!

Last Monday was my first day tracking my eats and making better choices. I didn't weigh till Tuesday. The verdict of eating terrible for 2 weeks: I gained almost 4lbs of my weight loss back. So disappointing! The only thing I could do at that point was to push forward and get rid of those 4lbs...and a whole lot more!

Back to my September goal. My goal is to weigh 181 on 9.30.13, if you do the math, is a 6.8lb loss. I know, sounds like a lot, but I also know its totally doable! I've got this!

A lot of people are ashamed of "that number" the scale says and I used to be, but honestly it doesn't bother me now. I know it doesn't define me. I've come face to face with it and I know what I need to do to change it! Wallowing in the pity of my chubby thighs & love handles covered with yoga pants & baggy sweatshirts will not help that number go down one bit! So I'm facing the facts, exposing it for the world to see, and can't wait to report to you how it will change over the coming weeks!

What's your view on that number on the scale? Are you embarrased by your weight or no biggie?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...