Saturday, March 31, 2012

5k Here I Come!

Today I’m running my first race, of many, in 2012!! Its been almost 18 months since I’ve ran a race! My last race was the Applefest 5k and little did I know I was 4 weeks pregnant!

Lots has happened since then and I’m on the road to getting fit again! My hope is to use races as motivation to continue working out and eating healthy!

Ok…back to today! I’m running a race 5k in my hometown! I love local races!!

image

I have mixed feelings about today. I’m excited, nervous, and scared all together! I’ve been running 2-3 times/week for the past 3 weeks. My longest distance was 2.5 miles in 28 minutes. So we’ll see how today goes! I just have to keep telling myself “I can do this!”.

I’ve had a good pre-race breakfast: 1/2 waffle topped with peanut butter and a 1/2 banana.IMG_1405

Oh and this little cutie helped me finish the other half of that banana! (in case you were wondering)IMG_1407

I’m off to the races! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

WWSuzi said...

Good luck kiddo!! Stay strong

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...