Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bow Holder

I’ve seen so many cute ways to store & organize all those fun bows that come with little girls! Instead of spending $$, I decided to make my own!

I started with this beauty! Winking smileDSC09893

I removed the glass & picture. I think I got it at an auction for less than $2 last summer. Then spray painted the frame white.

I picked out some paper for the background. And used mod podge to “seal” it to the backing.  DSC09896

Next I cut & measured some chicken wire (thanks to my Mom!), just a few inches wider than the backing. DSC09897

Once the mod podge was dry I added some ribbon through the frame to use as a hanger. DSC09898

Next I folded the chicken wire around my piece of backing. DSC09899

Lastly I used some duct tape to cover the sharp edges of the chicken wire (to protect the wall). DSC09900

Lastly I inserted the backing into the frame and….

Finally, hung it in Baby Bangert’s room!!DSC09901
Can’t forget the most important part…add bows & flowers!!DSC09902

I’m sure this cheap, simple project will be very useful over the next few years for our little girl!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darc!!!

That looks so good! :) It was really great to see you last week. Can't wait to meet Miss Bangert!

-Tawny

Jenna Marie said...

So freaking adorable! You are so creative!! Can't wait to see Baby B's room this weekend and maybe even meet Baby B!!! (I can only hope!!!)

Amanda said...

AUGH! You are so creative and crafty! I love this idea, and the end result is so adorable! I can't believe it's already almost June!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...