- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 medium mashed very ripe bananas
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray, or line with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, mix flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt.
- In medium bowl, beat bananas, egg whites, oil, milk and vanilla with fork until smooth. Stir into flour mixture just until flour is moistened. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- In small bowl, mix topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over batter in cups.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove muffins from pan to cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 210; Total Fat 6g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 18g); Protein 3g
PS Stay tuned tomorrow for a baby/pregnancy update and a nursery sneak peak!