Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tiiiirrreeed!!!

Hey all!! First of all I need to say thanks for all your sweet comments on my bump and the support! You all are just too sweet! I just can’t believe how much my tummy is already sticking out. I’m pretty sure it gets bigger everyday!

I feel very good about my eats the first 2 days of the week. Here is a summary of Tuesday’s eats. For breakfast I had 1 glass orange juice (Vitamin C) and a bowl of oatmeal (whole grains) with a sliced banana (other fruits). DSC09662DSC09661

One thing I love about my job is that I had almost 2 weeks off over Christmas, but boy oh boy, coming back to insane, crazy busy work has been rough on this girl!

Mid morning I snacked on 1 c of multi grain cheerios (whole grains). DSC09663

Like I said the office was pretty crazy, so to hold me over till lunch I sliced an apple (other fruits) for another snack. DSC09664

My late, but delicious lunch was leftovers! I had cheesy crock-pot chicken (protein) with brown rice (whole grains). DSC09668

When you take lunch at 2pm it really makes your afternoon fly! Before I knew I was carpooling with my main man to our humble abode! I love that we work at the same place!

Supper was a true midwestern meal, steak & potatoes! We use our new *larger* George Foreman grill to cook 2 good sized steaks. I had 1/2 of one (protein & iron).DSC09670

And the roasted potatoes (iron) rounded out the meal! Felt like a farm girl again! ;)DSC09671

After supper was eaten & cleaned up, I got right back to work. I brought home a bunch of things that are VERY time sensitive right now. Needless to say, I’m ready to hit the hay!

Here is a run down of my stats. The top number is how many servings I got in, the bottom number is how many is recommended. I think it will be hard to get all the recommended servings in of each category. But I think the big thing is that when I do choose food, I choose nutritionally rich ones.

  • Whole Grains 3/6
  • Calcium 0/4
  • Green Leafy/Yellow Veggies/fruits 0/4
  • Protein 2/3
  • Vitamin C 1/3
  • Iron 2/3
  • Other Fruits & Veggies 2/2
  • Fats 2/4
  • Fluids 104oz
  • Prenatal – check!

I’m still in decision mode. These are a LOT of thing to track. But I know they are important for me & my baby, so I’m giving it a shot. If anyone has any advice to more easily track I am all ears!

10 comments:

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

You know what your body needs - don't stress yourself out trying to get all that they recommend. It is impossible to get all of those servings in everyday. I just tried to eat as healthy as possible and I had a 9lb healthy baby =)

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Such healthy choices. Good job. Love me some cheesy crockpot chicken.

BeckyT said...

I've only recently discovered your blog and I am so pleased for you. I wish you a lovely pregnancy and good luck with the eating plan. After having 3 boys and a lifelong battle with weight, weight gain is inevitable but there's plenty of time to worry about food and that after these precious 9 months so just enjoy it for what it is. Eat healthy, eat what your body tells you and if baby craves meat, let baby have meat. Congratulations. xx

erica said...

Youre such a healthier eater. That chicken looks absolutely amazing. Definitely going to have to give that a try. Will you be finding out if you're having a boy or girl?

xo

Ak said...

Everything looks healthy and delicious- you're doing great!

Amanda said...

I'm totally impressed with your decisions and commitment to tracking Darci! Way to go girl! You are already eating so much better than so many people I know have during their pregnancies, don't sweat the small stuff. And you look GREAT in your recent pics! Congrats to you and Kyle again...

Ps - I've been totally curious - have you had any crazy food cravings yet?? :-)

Kati said...

I just found out I'm pregnant too!!! I believe I'm around 5/6 weeks but won't know for sure until my appointment on the 13th. I've had blood work done already and my hormone levels are good but I am absolutely exhausted lol! I will definitely be looking to your blog for tips and such! You look great by the way!
I too am trying to go about this the healthy way. Afterall...there is no such thing as a 50 pound new born LOL :)

Cheryl said...

I agree with Baby Weight and Beyong. After having 3 babies, it isn't worth the stress.
The one thing I saw you lacking for the day was calcium. If this is a tough one for you, I recommend a calcium supplement with vit D. I despise milk and yogurt and my midwife suggested I take it.

Cheryl said...

I agree with Baby Weight and Beyong. After having 3 babies, it isn't worth the stress.
The one thing I saw you lacking for the day was calcium. If this is a tough one for you, I recommend a calcium supplement with vit D. I despise milk and yogurt and my midwife suggested I take it.

Amanda K said...

Thanks for sharing your eating strategy on your blog! I've often wondered how I would to transition from counting points to eating healthy for a baby without overdoing it if I get pregnant...looks like you're doing great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...