Happy Friday Eve my blogger friends!!! I’m especially happy for the weekend this week because my dear hubby actually has it off work!! Three cheers for a weekend with my man!! Hip hip hooray! :)
I hopped out of bed this morning at 5:10am without even thinking twice about hitting snooze!! The “evil Darci” wasn’t anywhere to be found today!! :) I hit the gym and got in 35 minutes on the treadmill. I walked at 4.0 mph at a 4.5 incline! Great work out on the legs!!
I LOVE to read while I workout (if I’m not running)! Right now I’m finishing up the Shopaholic series (Shopaholic And a Baby). I know a lot of people weren’t a big fan of the movie, but the books are an easy read and really keep you in it!! I haven’t watched the movie yet, but plan to when I finish this book. I’m looking for another book series to read next!
Work is slowing down a tad so it felt good to get caught up on a bunch of stuff today. I had the same morning snack for the 4th day in a row…but it’s oh so good!! 1 1/2 c strawberries, vanilla yogurt (hey that’s a change from the previous 3 days!), and 1/4 c grape nuts for 3 points.
Broke for lunch around 1pm. I wasn’t sure what today so I just kept it simple. I had a chicken salad on a thin bun with cheese and sliced up a golden delicious apple for 5 points. If you haven’t tried thin buns (I know there are many other names out there as well) before, you need to…they are VERY good!!
My afternoon was super productive. Afterwards I put on my sweaty gym clothes (from my morning workout!) and went back to the gym for 3rd two-a-day of the week! Tonight was ZUMBA!!! I love this class more and more each time! And I think I pushed myself extra tonight ‘cause I was sweating a whole LOT more than I remember from Tuesday!
When I got home I got right to work in the kitchen on supper! Another new try tonight! I made Deep Dish Pizza Casserole. It was pretty good, but I think next time I will add some green peppers & maybe some onions to the mix so it isn’t so meaty. I also had a side of corn to round out my meal for a delicious 7 point supper.
Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce (the recipe called for chunky itlaian style…we aren’t fans of tomato chunks tho!)
- Cooking spray
- 1 10oz can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 1/2 c 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown meat. Drain if necessary and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce and cook until heated.
- While meat cooks coat 9 X 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough and press into bottom and halfway up side of baking dish. Top with meat mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for 5 additional minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings. 6 points/serving
My gym bag is packed, supper dishes are done, and food is ready for tomorrow! Now it’s time for bed!! I feel like a grandma going to bed at 9-9:30ish…but boy I just can’t get up very well if I don’t go to bed early!! So I think I choose feeling like a grandma over not working out!! ;)
POINTS = 19/23
WATER = 116 oz
EXERCISE = 35 min walk @ incline/45 min Zumba
Do you read while working out? Do you have a good series to recommend I start next? (PS I’ve already read Twilight!) What’s your favorite book(s) of all time?
edit: Make sure to over to this blog for a wonderful giveaway!!