Thursday, February 25, 2010

I’m going win this fight!!

Good morning my favorite blogger friends!! :)

Wednesday I was still working on kicking this cold that’s trying to come on. I skipped my morning gym workout to get some extra zzz’s. I also took some rapid release Tylenol to help with my pounding head and I found some Airborne in the medicine cabinet and took one of those as well. Hopefully my stubborn-ness keeps it away too! ;) I’m staying positive!!DSC06173 

Oh and thanks for all the tips! I appreciate it. I’m going to by some ZICAM nose spray when I’m at the pharmacy today…but I’m not so sure about the peroxide in the ears! ;) But hey, I guess if it means I won’t get sick I should try it, huh?!?!

For breakfast I just kept it simple. I peeled an orange (vitamin C!!!) and sliced an apple for 2 points. DSC06174 

Before all my morning meetings started I mixed up my morning snack of strawberries, ww vanilla yogurt, and 1/4c homemade granola for 3 points.  I am sad to say that this was the last of the 12 cup batch! I guess I know what I’ll be doing on Saturday!! ;)DSC06175 

After a morning filled with meetings I headed home to let the cable guy in over my lunch. I called our cable & internet provider and asked for a better rate and saved Kyle & I $30/month!! Hooray!! And the bonus was that we were even upgraded so he had to install something new!!

Lunch was quick, simple, & delicious! I started out 1/2c cottage cheese w/pineapple and an orange (more Vitamin C!!) for 4 points. DSC06176 

And I finished off with a gooey, warm grilled cheese sandwich for 2 points. I even cut it diagonally like my Mom used to…felt just like a kid eating this! :)DSC06177 

If you can believe it, I had more meetings yet in my afternoon. To get me through I sipped on some bubbly…no not champagne, diet sierra mist! ;)DSC06178 

Now I know I ate some baby carrots when I got back to my office. And I KNOW I took a picture…but my camera must have ate it! ;) Oh well…zero points anyway!!

After work I ready to hit the gym! I got in 35 minutes on the treadmill. Now the exciting part…within that 35 minutes I ran a 5K in 28:29 minutes!!! Which beats my goal of 29 minutes for February!! I was super pumped!!! It wasn’t easy though, my chest was tight, but I finished! I think this is the fastest I have ever ran a 5K!

After my sweat session I came home and whipped up beef enchiladas! I thought they turned out great, but Kyle wasn’t so sure of the beans! He says it’s not an enchilada if there are beans in it, it’s more of a burrito. I said who care’s what it’s called…it just tastes good! My serving was 7 points. I couldn’t get a picture on my plate…it just turned into a big blob of meat & cheese!! But oh so good!!DSC06179 

I also had a 1/2c of corn on the side for 1 point. I always remember school lunches whenever you had a Mexican dish you always had corn with it!DSC06180

Beef Enchiladas (makes 12 Enchiladas or 6 servings.  2 Enchiladas is 5 points)

  • 1 lb. Cooked lean ground beef
  • 8 oz. Kraft free grated cheese
  • 20 oz. Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce
  • 5 oz. Old El Paso fat free refried beans
  • 12 corn tortillas
  1. Cook ground beef.
  2. Mix ground beef and refried beans together.
  3. Add 1 can sauce, mix well.
  4. Warm tortillas in a microwave until soft and pliable.
  5. Spray with light cooking spray.
  6. Fill each tortilla with about 2 Tbsp. meat mixture.
  7. Roll, and fill pan.
  8. Pour cheese on top and bake for 25-30 minutes.

After supper I cleaned up a bit and was exhausted. I ended up going to bed around 8:45pm!! Hoping the extra sleep will keep my strong to kick this cold!!

TUESDAY'S STATS
POINTS = 19/23
WATER = 96 oz
EXERCISE = 35 min run

What was your favorite school lunch? I would have to say mine was chili & cinnamon rolls! I need to find a low point cinnamon roll recipe to make when we have chili!! Let me know if you guys know of anything!!

13 comments:

Running Diva Mom said...

Looks yummy and healthy -- good job! I need to get me some Airborne for my plane ride and trip next week! Don't want to get sick for my race!!

Syl said...

way to keep trying to fight that cold off. Hope you are feeling better soon.

That dinner looks so good!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oh, I had forgotten about cafeteria cinnamon rolls! Ours were served on chili-and-grilled-cheese days, too! I haven't had a cinnamon roll in eons, but now I think I know what my next splurge will be. :)

Unknown said...

Way to be proactive in fighting off your cold! I just started a new teaching job, and I can already feel a cold coming on from all of these germy kids!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

That darn cold is giving you a tough time! You can beat it!

WOWSER, fantastic job on the 5K. High five! Will you be my trainer? :)

Must make that casserole. SOunds like something I would love. All of that cheesy goodness. And let's not forget the ultimate comfort food: grilled cheese. mmmm

My favorite school lunch was the fish and cornbread. Also loved the pizza. :)

Unknown said...

I love mexican food made at home with a side of corn too! lol

Hope you feel better!! :)

ok so ya know the word verification at the bottom...

BINGE!

seriously...lol

Cupcake Dreamer said...

The enchilada recipe definitely looks yummy!

Excellent workout! I'm impressed you were able to get your run in and hold off your cold at the same time.

You are certainly motivating me to get back on with my activity.

Ak said...

If you find a low point cinnamon roll recipe let me know!! Yum!

Anonymous said...

awesome RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D so proud of you!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Your lunch looks so pretty :-)

My favourite school lunch was anything warm - I hated sandwiches!

Anonymous said...

I gave you an award!!!! GO LOOKIE! It's on my blog! :D :D :D

Heather said...

Awww I hope you feel better soon. Let me know if u find a low fat cinnamon roll recipe, yum yum!!

whatkateate said...

ive never heard of eating cinnamon rolls with chili! we never had awesome school lunches but we did have chicken caesar salad with breaded chicken that was pretty tasty and unhealthy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...