Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 111 (Sunday 2/23)

Happy Monday morning bloggies! (even tho that really isn't how I am feeling right now!)

DH & I had a really great Sunday. Not an OP day, but fun anyway! After church (and no breakfast :( )we went to Iowa City (2 1/2 - 3 hour drive) for an Iowa Hawkeye (our FAV team!) men's basketball game with some friends.

Our friends' sons both going to the U of I so we met them for lunch at Outback Steakhouse (I was STARVING by the time we got here...after 2pm!). I ordered the grilled chicken and swiss sandwich with fries. Now don't ask me what I was thinking, I should have at least ordered veggies for my side instead of fries. In hindsight I should have because the fries were not that great anyway! I have no idea on the points for this.

I was thinking that I would be ok (points wise) because I didn't eat breakfast, but little did I know what else I would be eating yesterday...

We headed over to Carver Hawkeye Arena for the 4pm start of the game. I had to reminisce because we parked in the same lot where we spent many Saturday's tailgating before the football games! I can't wait for next fall!! I love Hawkeye football! Anyway...back to basketball! We played Michigan and they were expected to win (we don't have that great of a team this year), but we pulled out a win...in OVERTIME! It was such an exciting game...I'm glad we went!

Afterwards we headed over to Coldstone Creamery for ice cream with our friends & their boys. Yep you read that right...COLDSTONE! Remember this day? Well let's just say that I had a repeat offense! Yep I ordered the same thing...knowing it was 23 points!!! Silly Darci! But boy was it good!

We got on the road headed back home and I fell right asleep! Got home at 10pm and the only thing I did was put my pjs on and hit the hay! Ignored the fact that I didn't have my laundry done, didn't have my gym bag packed, didn't have my clothes ready....nada!! But....

DH woke me up at 5:45am with him and I got up, got my clothes ready, got my food ready, and hit the gym this morning!! Thanks baby!! (and sorry if it was like waking up a bear...sorry!)

See you tonight bloggies! Hope you have a GREAT Monday!!

3 comments:

WWSuzi said...

It's so hard when you do unexpected things!! But as long as you pull up your knickers and get back in the game (as my grandmother used to say :) you'll be fine!!

Laura said...

At least you enjoyed your treats! I get so mad when I waste calories/points on mindlessly eating stuff I don't even like.

Great job on your morning workouts!

Charlie Hills said...

Hmmm... I went to Iowa State. Am I still allowed to read this blog?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...