Saturday, October 2, 2010

Made Over Mexican

Happy weekend everyone! I think we all agree that these are 2 of our favorite days of the week! ;)

Did you catch my Thursday post? If not, it’s worth going back for! :)

Let’s back up to Friday first though! I started my day out with the usual! 5 pointsDSC08838

Reports & programs weren’t working like they needed to today and that meant a lot of manual processes had to be done! :(

I broke out my morning snack of 1 point yogurt around noon because I knew I wouldn’t get to eat lunch for a while with deadlines quickly approaching!DSC08839

Kyle brought me a Smart Ones for lunch and I finally got to eat it around 3pm! 6 points My tummy was quite happy after this! :)DSC08840

Finally got everything done and jetted outta there right at 4pm!! Hooray for weekends!! :)

Did you see my Tweet last night?!?!image

I love that I can it’s possible to “make-over” Mexican food into point friendly options! I had the help of my newest cookbook! DSC08842

Found it on Amazon for less than $4 used!DSC08843

I made “skinny chimichangas”!!! Chimichangas aren’t only fun to say, but these ones were only 4 points each! DSC08841

  • 1/2 lb ground turkey
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 t chili powder
  • 1 t oregano
  • 1/2 t cumin
  • 1 8oz can tomato sauce
  • 2 T chopped mild green chiles
  • 1/3 c reduced fat shredded cheddar
  • 4 8in ff flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 400. Mix turkey, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and cumin in medium skillet, about 6 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and chiles; bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 5 minutes. Spoon 1/2 c of the filling into the center of each tortilla. Fold the sides & roll to enclose the filling. Bake the chimichangas seam side down for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

FRIDAY’S STATS
POINTS = 20/23
WEEKLY ALLOWANCE POINTS = 0 used/35 remaining
ACTIVITY POINTS EARNED = 0 today/2 week
H2O = 90 oz
EXERCISE = none

What do you think of  the changes on my blog? I like the crisp, cleanliness of it!

I’m off for a run and then we’re headed down to Iowa City for a night game! Go Hawks!!!

1 comment:

Ak said...

I love the new look of your blog! Those chimichangas sound good, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...