Monday, December 15, 2008

Day 43 (Monday 12/15)

BREAKFAST: Oatmeal, Clementine, & a Pear. 4 points
MORNING SNACK: Apple. 1 point
LUNCH: Bacon, Chicken, Ranch Wrap & Yogurt w/Grape Nuts. 9 points
SUPPER: Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup. 2 points

EVENING SNACK: Fiber One Bar & a Chocolate Pumpkin Muffin. 5 points

POINTS = 21
WATER = 122 oz
EXERCISE = 26 min run/walk

So I have been doing a lot of research about strength training and weight loss. It's so hard to not see the scale go down like it has been the first 5 weeks. But I need to keep in mind that using the scale to determine progress can be very misleading, it's just hard when that is what I have relied to measure my success for so long. But I think now that I've added weights to my routine I am not going to weigh everyday so I don't get discouraged seeing that same stinkin' number!

Today is our "Christmas Potluck" at work. And guess what the only time I've been in the break room was this morning to make my oatmeal before work. I have absolutely NO desire to even go check out what kind of full fat goodies are back there. Now last year at this time is a whole different story, I think I was probably on plate 3 or 4 by mid afternoon, not this year!! No!!

Two of my sisters who live out of state got back today. Today it's one of their birthdays, the big 30!! So we had a family get together for her. My Mom made homemade potato soup, ham & cheese sandwiches, and our family's all time favorite, Oreo ice cream cake. Guess what.....I didn't eat any of that!! I brought my own can of Progresso soup and was just fine! It feels good to make smart choices!

2 comments:

heathermarie said...

way to go on resisting on the yummy foods! and yeah the weight lifting does affect the numbers but in the long run it helps. keep it up girl!

Fifty Eight Days said...

Wow you have to pat yourself on the back. Two social occasions with tempting goodies and you stayed strong? That's willpower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...