Monday, September 30, 2013

Weight Watchers vs My Fitness Pal

Happy Monday blog land! Are you ready to make it a great week? I sure am! Today I wanted to talk about what I'm doing to track my food.

I've decided to use My Fitness Pal {MFP} to track my eats. I haven't abandoned Weight Watchers {WW} completely and I don't think its is a bad program at all. I've actually had a lot of success with WW. For me, right now where I'm at, using My Fitness Pal is the best option.

Here are just a few of my reasons why I chose MFP:
  1. Its free!
  2. I like the accountablity of my friends on MFP.
  3. Love the huge database of foods.
  4. Protein/fat/carb ratios
  5. Its easy to snapshot day at a glance, week at a glance, etc.
  6. Did I mention its free?
Obviously the big part for me right now is that MFP is free. My family has some big financial goals we are reaching for and adding another expense like WW, when I can use MFP for free, seems un-necessary.

As I move foward in this journey I will keep you posted on my likes/dislikes with MFP vs WW! And if you're on MFP add me "dbangert2".

What are your thoughts on MFP vs WW?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you're doing this blog again! I've been doing WW for the past few months but my 3 month pay ahead thing just ran out and I was debating WW or MFP. For the same reason, I'm thinking I'm going to go with MFP because it's free. I'll look for you on there!

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

I can't wait to hear what you think! I am back with WW as it is free for me as a returning lifetime member (you get 3 months free after baby). I hope you like MFP.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...